OLPC: Open Organized Transparent

Noah Kantrowitz noah at coderanger.net
Wed Jun 4 15:03:38 EDT 2008

[snip]

> Please don't point me at: http://dev.laptop.org/report/6
> > {6} All Tickets By Milestone (Including closed)
> [...]
> > Report execution failed: column "modified" does not exist LINE 16:
> (CASE status WHEN 'closed'
> > THEN modified ELSE (-1)*p... ^
>
> ...There, opened a ticket on it.

And I fixed it in 15 minutes. Just gotta say when there are problems.

> How do I create a report? http://dev.laptop.org/wiki/TracReports tells
> you about reports, but not how to create one...

Unfortunately we cannot allow non-admins to create reports because they are
unrestricted queries against the Trac database.

> How do I view the query underlying a report?

Look at the "Other formats" links at the bottom of the page.

> How is it that #6454 is assigned, but doesn't show up under the
> owner's active tickets report?

Which report do you mean? That ticket is open, but not in the "accepted"
state. Some people like to use the open vs. accepted states to show what
they are actively working on right now, others just ignore it and go right
from open -> closed.

[snip]

> Will anyone volunteer to mentor me (hold my hand) on this? Should I
> contact the ticket's owner directly? How do you figure out the email
> address by owner name?

For privacy reasons, you cannot get a users email address from their Trac
username. If someone wants to create a table on the wiki somewhere mapping
names to people, those that wish to be known can add themselves. If you
leave a comment on a ticket, it will be emailed to the owner though.

--Noah