Need help creating .xo file

shivaprasad javali jbsp72 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 02:11:20 EDT 2008

Hi All ,
          I was wondering if you could help me out with this.

         I got the activity working fine on the OLPC. Now I want to create a
.xo file for my activity so that I can install the activity on other XO's.
My activity structure is as follows:
->activity -->has the .info file and the icon
->bin  --> has a shell script and the exe which i have to run
->lib  --> has the libs which my application is dependent on
-> MANIFEST file

There is a shell script in the bin folder which I have included in the exec
tag in activity.info.

I created the activity bundle according to the information in the post
http://olpcnews.com/forum/index.php?topic=1555.0 .
I have named my .xo file name.activity.xo

If I unzip the .xo in the Activities folder and then restart the X-server it
gets installed and I get the icon in the activity tray.

I tried installing it by copying the .xo to a thumb drive and then running
sugar-install-bundle on the XO but it gave me a DBUS timeout error. I also
tried to install it through the browse activity as given in
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities#Manual_installation and through the
Journal without success.

Can you figure out where I am going wrong??

Thanks
Shivaprasad