Autoreinstallation image is not signed.

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Tue Jun 3 19:40:19 EDT 2008

Hi,

   > Is there anything that can be thrown away before we start scragging
   > the user's work? Browser caches, or similar things?

Sorry, I wasn't clear: the bug I'm envisioning solving is "the XO won't
boot because there is too much stuff in the Journal".  I'm not actually
sure what the method for kids to fill up their NAND without going via
the Journal would be; I don't think it's the common case.

   > Or throw away least recently used non-core activities, which
   > hopefully could easily be reloaded from the web or a teacher's USB
   > stick.

I agree that we could look for large activities to delete in preference
to large user-generated files.  I'm trying to keep this somewhat simple
because we're doing it before Sugar has even launched.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>