[OLPC Security] G1G1: Security, to enable or disable...

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Tue Jun 3 13:07:37 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 12:43 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> On 03.06.2008, at 18:33, ffm wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 12:29 PM, C. Scott Ananian
>> <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:
>>> Machines sent out via our developer program are always shipped out
>>> unsecured.
>>
>> Yet I've just recived two laptops via said program that had security
>> enabled.
>
> Indeed. The machines distributed at LinuxTag last week also came w/o
> dev key - I think it is only the activation part that is disabled.

My information may be out of date on the developer's program, since
Adam has rebooted it recently and I don't think that developer's
program machines actually come through OLPC any more.  I should have
said, "used to be shipped out unsecured".  Adam, are the new
developer's program machines shipped direct, or do we have an
opportunity to (at least) include a flyer explaining how to disable
security on the machine?
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )