Autoreinstallation image is not signed.

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Tue Jun 3 11:53:16 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 11:28 AM, ffm <ffm at cluenet.org> wrote:
> C. Scott Ananian-3 wrote:
>> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Olpc-update#USB_upgrade
> This will not work if the OS is not bootable and no alt-os image is on the
> disk.

We should continue to try very hard not to let the OS become
unbootable.  If it is unbootable, something Very Wrong should have
occurred and there's no guarantee that "mount the filesystem and copy
off /home" will work either.  Using a dev key and a rescue disk is
probably a much better bet than any attempt at automagic.

Please file bugs on ways you've managed to make the OS unbootable, or
ways the alt-os image breaks (there are a few); these are likely to
get more attention than trying to resuscitate a deprecated tool I
wrote for firmware security debugging.

That said, there's a separate bug in trac about X not starting when
the NAND flash is full.  I'm not sure if that's what you're referring
to as "not booting" or not, but we should fix that, too.
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )