Trac default milestone

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 14:21:23 EDT 2008

Michael Stone wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 06:53:26PM +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 2:52 AM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
>> <mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Also I'm not convinced "not specified" as default component is a good
>>> idea, unless we have someone taking care of triaging that component.
>>
>> Can we go back to require the submitter to provide a component? In
>> many cases it will be the right one, sometimes the submitter will get
>> it wrong. In any case it will be better than depending on someone to
>> have to go through all the "not specified" tickets and choose the
>> right component.
>
> I'm a strong proponent of people writing down what they know. I want to
> be able to rely on component assignments when they're made. I do not
> support reverting the 'not specified' change. Why do you prefer your
> alternative?

Because I'm not confident someone will regularly take care of assigning
the not-specified tickets, and I don't want lose useful bug reports
because of that. I've been reading all the coming in tickets in the last
few days to ensure that doesn't happen.

Anyway, if you feel strongly that the current setup is the right one,
keep it... I'll ignore not-specified tickets and we will see how it goes...

Marco