2X zoom X display possible?

Chris Marshall jns-cmarshall at comcast.net
Wed Jul 30 18:29:31 EDT 2008

I need to install a win32 program for my father to
use on his XO.  At 1200x900 resolution the text is
**way** too small for him to read.  However, it is
very clear.... :-)

In some previous discussion on the XO bug tracker
ssb22 managet to use x11vnc to get a 2X zoom going
for the XO and WINE.  In some later discussion on
the same problem it was mentioned that the XO
display hardware should be able to do a 2X zoomed
X11 display (I think this was by a developer working
the AMD hardware side of the laptop).

Has any work on a zoomed X11 display configuration
taken place or come to fruition?  I looked at the
AMD processor manual and it definitely looks doable
as far as the hardware goes.

My current plan is to get the x11vnc hack zoom to
work.  It may mean the laptop will need to be plugged
in for use but at least Dad'll be happy.  I would love
to hear that the 2X (or even 1.7X) zoom resolution is
available.

--Chris