suspend oddities

pgf at laptop.org pgf at laptop.org
Wed Jul 30 14:17:38 EDT 2008

since i'm not sure which of these are known/expected/
alreadyfixed/beingignored, here are a few things i've noticed
with suspend.  i'll trac any that people think should, or comment
existing trac if appropriate.

disclaimer:  some of this testing has been on my g1g1 machine,
running 2159, XFCE (not sugar), with a USB keyboard.

    - gamepad keypresses aren't ignored during suspend.  whether or
        not the gamepad is selected as a candidate wakeup event
        (via /sys/power/wakeup_events/gamekey), those keys will
        be queued for tty input while we're suspended.  test by
        starting hexdump (or other key capture program), suspending,
        pushing any of the 8 keys on the bezel, and then resuming.
        note that the keys have registered.  (this is/was true in 708
        as well.)

    - the camera LED flashes while suspended.  suspend the laptop,
        use the touchpad or a keyboard key.  observe camera indicator
        blinking.  also true on 708.

    - this got me thinking about wakeups and keypresses in general.
        if we're configured to wake up on keypresses or gamepad
        presses (something i've not seen work yet, btw), then the
        keypress causing the wake should be suppressed.  don't know
        whether that's the case or not.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org