TuxPaint woes (John Gilmore)

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 07:20:11 EDT 2008

Hi John and Michael,

Thanks to John for raising these concerns and sticking with us after a
frustrating first two experiences. SimCity has good traction in the user
  base and its a very high priority activity for us.

On when the code is stable and frozen enough to do final regression
testing of activities:

Michael,

Can we track that as a milestone? Is that "code freeze (a.k.a.
package-level change control)" which is targeted (pending confirmation
e-mail) for Wed. August 6?

On the question of future API re-architecture, it is under consideration
for 9.1.0 and being tracked here: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/9.1.0
especially at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/9.1.0#e-mail_from_Ben_S

I will try to warn well in advance of any future API changes and I will
try to hold changes to a minimum (target none!) between 8.2.0 and 9.1.0.
  We need to hear confirmation from the engineers and we may need to
revisit this after we put a stake in the ground on freezing 8.2.0 APIs.

Thanks,

Greg S