Notes from today's Release Meeting(s)

Ton van Overbeek tvoverbeek at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 21:32:42 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 8:45 PM, Michael Stone <michael at laptop.org> wrote:

> 5. Separately, I wish we were receiving even more volunteer testing. Can you
> help out? Fame, glory, and the undying gratitude of hundreds of thousands of
> children await you!

I (just an interested G1G1 owner for my grandson with a
Solaris/Unix/Linux background) would love to help testing, but you are
not making it very easy. You have to follow devel@ to know what is
going on and that alone is almost a part-time job.
On the wiki there is a "Friends in testing" page
(http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Friends_in_testing) but it does not seem to
be used by the core developers/testers/release team. There has only
been one request for testing WiFi compatibility for 8.1.1, but nothing
for testing 8.2.
I believe you really need some dedicated person as liaison between
sugarlabs/1cc and outside testing and development volunteers.
Anyway I'll try to test whatever build you nominate tomorrow.

Ton van Overbeek