Calling all small keyboards

Robert Myers rmyers7 at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 26 13:41:04 EDT 2008

> We are looking for examples of keyboards for small children
> present before 1993.

A request for clarification here. Are you looking for keyboards designed
for small children, or for keyboards and devices with keyboards that
meet your size specs?

> Specifically, we are looking for keyboards whose key-key spacing
> is between 10.8 and 16.4 mm horizontally, and 10.8 to 18.0 mm
> vertically, and with a stroke distance of 0.9 to 6mm.

One I remember from c. 1981 was the Panasonic HHC. Here's a link
'http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?st=1&c=644'. Search
'Panasonic HHC' or '1400' and you'll find several.

The machine was 95 x 227 mm. As there were five rows of keys taking up
most of the height,  I'd guess about 12mm pitch.

Bob