[Techteam] NAND full issue

Martin Langhoff martin at laptop.org
Fri Jul 25 21:35:58 EDT 2008

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 1:00 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> unionfs will involve a kernel change.

Erik's got a ko to add to the initrd AIUI.

> Have we considered sorting by date and removing from oldest to new until
> the threshold is reached? Perhaps excluding starred items.

Both date and size are flawed -- Greg and Cjb have explored the flaws
of both approaches on devel at . The best notes on this are from Mitch so
far - he looked at the FSs and spotted things we can safely delete.
And we cannot query for starred items without starting the journal,
which does not start in no-space conditions.

IMHO, Cjb's script should delete caches and the files various files we
know are safe to nuke _before_ we even consider user data

 - Mitch has identified stray CVS directories. These are safe to nuke.
 - /var/cache/yum
 - ~/.sugar/default/logs
 - ~/.sugar/default/gecko/Cache
 - Someone mentioned large support files in eToys.

Might be worthwhile to nuke large Activities in ~/Activities.

If not enough space is available, then it makes sense to nuke user data.

cheers,

 - ask interesting questions