For review: NAND out of space patch.

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Tue Jul 22 17:18:41 EDT 2008

On 22 Jul 2008, at 17:03, John Watlington wrote:

> On Jul 22, 2008, at 12:59 PM, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 5:53 PM, John Watlington <wad at laptop.org>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm getting three images right now.
>>>
>>> One of the machines booted, but wouldn't allow any activities to
>>> launch
>>> (which since you can't log in on vttys kinda locks down the
>>> machine).
>>> But I did notice a large number of non-standard activities (e.g.
>>> Doom).
>>
>> Can you get the file layout with sizes of $HOME from OFW?
>
> I have developer keys and OFW access.
> I don't know what utilities OFW has to get this information, other
> than
> repeated directory listing (yuck...)   Suggestions ?

Here's some views I generated of a recent joyride-2174 (out of
curiosity):

	http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Filesystem

I just rsync my XO file-system over to a drive accessible to my Mac,
and then pointed GrandPerspective at it for a navigable treemap view:

	http://grandperspectiv.sourceforge.net

The down side just now is that jffs2 compression is not indicated
(unless you can view data from a jffs2 disk – haven't solved this on
my Mac yet). Also be aware GrandPerspective doesn't have a way of
indicating hardlinked data, so just shows as if it was all unique real
data, fine if your happy with what going on in /versions/{run|
pristine} and a few Journal DS tricks.

--Gary