For review: NAND out of space patch.

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 16:54:56 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 8:05 AM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:
> For the record, I oppose the unionfs solution for the "real fix",

Erik's solution is not the real fix but it is better than cjb's - if
he can get it going soon, even with a dialogue on start up saying
"delete something!" and the normal journal, we will be ahead of game.

cjb's solution faces the problem that we can run out of space on 2
likely scenarios

 - large valuable document i am working on
 - large unimportant download / movie cap

*If* the images out there already had ds-backup running, it would't be
such a problem :-/ so deleting user content for any reason is a dodgy
proposition.

> I prefer
> making the core sugar APIs robust against write failures so that the
> child can use the normal Sugar mechanisms to clean up and recover.

Not an either-or here. We need both the reliability in Sugar/Journal
and decent handling of  "disk-full boot".

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions