no activities after 656 --> joyride. but wait...

Eben Eliason eben.eliason at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 16:48:57 EDT 2008

Right, this edge case was brought to my attention by Greg the other day.  It
will only happen once...in future updates, favorites are preserved.
 Additionally, in most scenarios, the update will include an "activity pack"
as well, which includes a country-specified list of default favorites,
preventing the "empty" Home screen.
Thus, the only things that disappear are activities which were previously
installed and are not included in the default favorites list in the update.
 I'm not sure if we can come up with a simple way to prevent this, or if
it's worth our time this late in the release cycle for a one-time situation.

- Eben