NAND Full Requirement

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Tue Jul 22 16:24:47 EDT 2008

Hi,

   > Hi All, Here's the requirement for Uruguay NAND full situation.

Here's my proposal:

* Uruguay should use something like the script I proposed, as well as
  the visible warnings on disk full that they already have.

* For 8.2, we should find causes of failure to boot on low disk space.
  If there are few of them, we should fix them.

* Once we get to the point where we always get to Sugar and the
  Journal in disk-full, we should have the Journal force the user
  to delete something by showing a list of size-sorted entries and
  prompting for deletion.

* If there *aren't* few of them or we can't fix them, we should
  instead use a non-Sugar GUI for performing the deletion.

* To repeat, the above "full fix" would live in the 8.2 branch,
  and not be backported to 656 as part of this solution.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>