State of 8.2.0, July 21, 2008

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon Jul 21 16:09:56 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 15:36 -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> 7319           DBG   jcardona    Multicast rx broken in joyride
>                                   \ No wireless team members present; we'll need to get a separate update.

I'll have fixed this before I leave tonight. Looks like a number of
libertas patches were applied to stable but not testing.

> 7095           BLD   dsd         Installation of xol bundles from Journal
> 7523           PKG   dsd         Library index regeneration fails due to no XDG_DATA_DIRS
> 7532           PKG   dsd         Can't access installed content bundles
>                                   \ Blocker for Peru's use case according to Wad + SJ.

These are just awaiting new sugar packages and joyride builds

> 7294           COD   erikb       Camera not working
>                                   \ work-around is already in joyride; Record-55 works;
>                                   \ some regressions in Record are left.

Not sure how high to prioritise this.

> 7353           DBG   dgilmore    F-9 Bloat (currently 46M over target)
>                                   \ had a nice discussion w/ abadger1999 (Toshio)
>                                     suggestions: we need to be much more aggressive about filing bugs in bz.rh.c
>                                                  we need to include references to all bz.rh.c and all upstream
>                                                  bug reports in our tracking bugs.
>                                                  major goals: merge dsd's changes, kill Perl, and then re-evaluate.

My changes from the last 2 weeks are now in joyride, leaving us 2mb over
target.
I slimmed down 2 more packages today (pam and xorg-x11-utils) which
should bring us to the target.

We also need to get these package forks into Fedora. I filed a load of
RH bugzilla bugs about them today. Hopefully Dennis can find time to
give them a quick glance, then I can find another Fedora dev to do the
merging and committing.

> 6673,7466      ???   dsd?        tamtam broken.
>                                   \ i think TamTam+joyride is going to be a headache   --- why?
>                                   \ csound is broken, i just commented on the ticket
>                                   \ need to speak w/ the tamtam folks: Jean Piche'. (ask jg for others)

I have got TamTam working but audio performance is bad - stuttering etc.
Something (one of the ALSA components?) has regressed quite majorly
since F7.