gnome-vfs2 / GConf2 / dbus

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon Jul 21 12:56:03 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 19:54 +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> In update.1 we shipped the DBus version of gnome-vfs2 (Nokia patches)
> which didn't bring ORBit in. I'm not sure if that's still the case in
> joyride.

I looked at the OLPC-2 gnome-vfs2 spec file and I don't see what you
mean here. The only obvious difference is that we changed the GConf
requires to GConf2-dbus. Did you mean GConf here?

I guess GConf2-dbus provides an equivalent interface to the GConf2
package and hence is a drop-in replacement. Do we want do to the same
for 8.2?

ORBit2 is shipped in update1 and 8.2 as well. Switching to GConf2-dbus
won't cause it to go away since it is needed by gnome-python2-gnomevfs.

Thanks,
Daniel