NAND out of space crash

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 11:55:52 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I found http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7125 which looks like a good place
to track this problem.

I marked it blocker for 8.2.0.

Here's what I think we need:
- Sugar GUI always starts, no matter how much space is free on the NAND.
- If Sugar starts and you are low on space (exact size tbd) then we
should alert the user to start clearing space in the journal.

I think Eben will work on the second part. Can someone solve the first
part?

Suggested steps would be to propose a solution, get buy in, code it and
check it in.

I shouldn't have mentioned partitioning :-( All I meant was that we
cannot solve this on upgrade by whacking all user data.

Thanks,

Greg S