Is Cracklib really required in the OS image?

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Fri Jul 18 14:05:38 EDT 2008

On 18 Jul 2008, at 18:24, Michael Stone wrote:
> We'd like to kill it but haven't gotten to it yet. Please help if you
> can! (Talk to dgilmore, dsd, and cscott for advice).

Well other than weakly noting that the build logs seem to suggest PAM
is currently pulling in Cracklib; and that some googling suggest that
Cracklib is only an optional component of PAM; I might go as far as
removing Crack lib from my B4 XO and see if it fries anything else in
an obvious way (and post the results here).

--Gary