Network manager 0.7 for Joyride

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Jul 17 10:50:14 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-17 at 19:06 +1000, James Cameron wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 10:03:58AM +0200, Morgan Collett wrote:
> > Currently we have lots of XO-specific patches (for msh0 etc) in NM
> > 0.6.5 which were not sent/accepted upstream. Due to significant NM
> > changes these patches cannot be applied to 0.7 so the work has to be
> > redone and hopefully improved such that it is upstream-friendly.
>
> Where are the XO-specific patches?  (I wanted to have a quick look at
> them to see how they could be reworked, but I didn't know where to find
> them.)

The functionality is actually part of NetworkManager 0.6 upstream, so
they are not patches in the usual sense. The problem is that the
functionality was not carried forward upstream to 0.7.

Anyway, Sjoerd has apparently completed the work porting the mesh
functionality from 0.6 to 0.7. No more attention is needed in that area.

What we need now is for someone to port the sugar components to use the
new NetworkManager D-Bus API. NM 0.7 introduces a new D-Bus API and no
longer supports the old one, which is what we use in sugar.

Daniel