[sugar] Activity versioning schema

Bastien bzg at altern.org
Wed Jul 16 14:45:34 EDT 2008

Greg Smith <gregsmitholpc at gmail.com> writes:

> This is an important discussion about version numbers.

Not that I want to put heat in here, I just thought you might just be
interested in this:

  http://kerneltrap.org/Linux/Kernel_Release_Numbering_Redux

Quoting Linus:

  "I have to say that I personally don't have any hugely strong opinions
  on the numbering. I suspect others do, though, and I'm almost certain
  that this is an absolutely _perfect_ 'bikeshed-painting' subject where
  thousands of people will be very passionate and send me their opinions
  on why _their_ particular shed color is so much better."

  "The only thing I do know is that I agree that 'big meaningless
  numbers' are bad. '26' is already pretty big. As you point out, the
  2.4.x series has much bigger numbers yet."

--
Bastien