B4 motherboard question

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Jul 15 20:16:25 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 05:38:02PM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> I really wish that people receiving developer machines posted to devel
> or planet.laptop.org on a regular basis and, if possible, introduced
> themselves on our Profiles page. Do you think we could try to arrange
> this?

+1

Also, contributing developers could be given a list of ways in which
they can obtain support for their development ... if they need it ...
and not all will ... things that helped me greatly were:

- a shell in which I could unpack images or tarballs in order to grab
  something small,

- a public_html/ tree for posting incidental data and temporary patches,

- a laptop.org mail address, so that my existing mail streams could be
  separated better.

I'm not suggesting that everyone get these things.  But they are useful
ways to improve development.