Code name for 9.1.0

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 06:27:25 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 11:56, Richard A. Smith <richard at laptop.org> wrote:
> Greg Smith wrote:
>
>> Ideas so far. Please vote or propose a new one:
>> Freire
>> mango
>> Papert
>
> I'm +1 for mango. I think naming after fruits plays well with calling
> our user environment sugar.

Another +1 for mango.

In my experience, making code names too relevant to the project can
lead to confusion. Ubuntu code names are used in public more than the
release numbers. Maemo releases (for Nokia tablets) are also known by
their code names rather than release numbers. Therefore public
discussion will include them, before and after release - "Can you
upgrade to Papert? Can you upgrade from Papert to Piaget?" and more
confusingly, "Have you read the Papert book?" - and what would the
[[Papert]] wiki page be on? Or googling "Papert activities"...

Morgan