[sugar] Activity versioning schema

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 18:56:39 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 6:17 AM, Eben Eliason <eben.eliason at gmail.com> wrote:
> There was an extensive discussion on this topic a while back on IRC,

Version numbers are used to communicate API/ABI compat and degree/type
of changes to users. Later in this thread Eben suggests what everyone
else in the industry is using: major.minor - sounds good to me. Even
better - and more prevalent in OSS - is major.minor.bugfix .

In any case, this issue does not seem to deserve such a colourful
thread. Maybe we can save our time and effort for other stuff? After
all, if an activity writer wants to use Klingon characters for
versioning, hey, let them go wild!

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions