Faster Launch of Activities

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 11:35:03 EDT 2008

Hi Tomeu et al,

One persistent request from the users is for "faster" response of the XO
(e.g.
http://sextosdela37.blogspot.com/2008/04/analizando-el-uso-de-las-laptop-en-el.html)

I believe the new Sugar GUI in 8.2.0 may help with that by launching
activities faster. I'm told you may know more about that.

I put a place holder for this in the release notes:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_Notes/8.2.0#Home_View_and_Frame_Redesign

Can you give a little more detail (targeted at end users) that explains
what they will see and maybe a little technical background (or a link)
on how we did it?

Just edit it right in to the release notes and we can review from there.

Is there anything else in the 8.2.0 release which will improve
responsiveness of the XO in general?

Thanks,

Greg S