Subject: Re: New 8.2 Stream To: OLPC Devel

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at
Fri Jul 11 08:37:25 EDT 2008

Hi Guys,

Interesting links, especially the diffs!

I posted these links on the 8.2.0 overview page in a new section:

Let me know if that is OK with you. Can you add a little more to the
explanation for these on the wiki page?

This looks like information which will be important for developers (e.g.
does it tell you where to get the latest code to add your fixes to?) and
possibly testers. However, I think it will be more useful with a little
more explanation.

Greg S

Message: 11 Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 10:25:35 +0200 From: Bert Freudenberg
<bert at> Subject: Re: New 8.2 Stream To: OLPC Devel
<devel at> Message-ID:
<95C9CE80-BA9B-4436-A4EB-C2D2634DAFB3 at> Content-Type:
text/plain; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed; delsp=yes Am 11.07.2008 um
05:43 schrieb Bobby Powers:

 > > This sounds good.  Can you please explain how this differs from
 > > joyride, both at the moment and in the future?   Is this based off of
 > > Joyride 21XX, what kind of sync will there be, etc.

for the momentary difference see

I also added update.1-708 as 8.2-0 to see the initial differences:

- Bert -