git - started complaining about whitespace?

Tarun Pondicherry tarunpondicherry at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 07:57:05 EDT 2008

Hi,

Recently, I tried to commit some changes and I got several messages
about trailing whitespace.  I tried to redownload that same library
(Zend GData) again and check it in, but had the same issues.  There was
no problem with that library when I first put it in a few weeks ago.  I
tried looking online, but the git-config fixes did not work for me.  The
files are Unix formatted so it is not the CR bug.  I'm very new to git.
Is there a way to make git ignore this issue?

Thanks,
Tarun