New 8.2 Stream

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Fri Jul 11 12:35:13 EDT 2008

On Friday 11 July 2008, Daniel Drake wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 23:43 -0400, Bobby Powers wrote:
> > 2008/7/10 Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us>:
> > > in preparation for 8.2  we  have a new 8.2 stream  it can be found at
> > > http://pilgrim.laptop.org/~pilgrim/xo-1/streams/8.2/
> > > Please test and file bugs against it. This is the stream intended for
> > > the 8.2 test builds.
> >
> > This sounds good.  Can you please explain how this differs from
> > joyride, both at the moment and in the future?   Is this based off of
> > Joyride 21XX, what kind of sync will there be, etc.
it is based on the joyride series,  there will be no sync in the future.
approved updates will get tagged in from joyride when they are proven to fix
bugs

> Thanks Dennis!! Some additional questions:
>
> Who or what triggers new 8.2 builds to be run?
Its completely manual. it is designed for doing release candidate builds,
much the same as update.1 builds were done.

> How do developers get packages included? Are we planning on the same
> kind of system for update1, where we'd push stuff into joyride then
> request that specific packages be tagged for the release stream?
yep

> Any objections to me including olpc-netutils in pilgrim (so that we have
> olpc-netstatus)?
Yes,  It needs to be approved for inclusion by release engineering.  without a
trac ticket approved (most likely by Michael) I wont change anything.  If
anyone else changes pilgrim  I will revert the changes.

--
Dennis Gilmore