low power actions?

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Fri Jul 11 11:20:53 EDT 2008

Hi,

   > my interest was piqued by someone on irc asking about automatic
   > clean shutdowns for low power.  i was wondering whether we do that,
   > and whether we do earlier user warnings ("your battery should be
   > charged now in order to keep it healthy"), or perhaps forced
   > suspends.

Well, we shut off automatically in order to keep the battery healthy,
so there's no user involvement needed there.

I don't currently do anything in userspace on low power, but the feature
of "shutting down should save state" is targeted at 8.2, and I think the
Sugar side is done; I just need a way to trigger the state saving from
OHM when power is low.  I've added the request to #6014.

Thanks,

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>