8.2.0 Release Notes

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 17:27:32 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I made a little progress today on the release notes. See:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_Notes/8.2.0

Thanks to whoever posted the Sugar Control Panel pictures (I also
upgraded an XO to 2128 try it myself, looks like I need a newer version
to get the latest).

One comment on the Sugar Control Panel. Can we change the name/label of
the "Date and Time" section to "Timezone"? Looks to me like it only
allows setting of time zone.

Thanks to Dan for creating the Activity Incompatibility section.

Can you add a URL for each and a note explaining how you know which
version you are running?

Also, can we list activities which we know do not need updating?

Lastly on the activity section if anyone can succinctly explain the new
activity management capabilities of Sugar that will be helpful.

I tried to clean up the Upgrade section. Review and edits on that welcome.

Can someone (maybe Michael) identify the Trac field and value I can
query on to show all bugs which have been resolved in this release?

I added an open bugs link but I could use help in listing the important
ones. If you know of bugs that users should be aware of go ahead call
out the bug ID in that section.

The new features section is still raw so edits and comments appreciated.

Am I missing any important new features?

I like to focus on the ones that  have some user visible benefit so now
is your chance to promote any work you have done to the user base...

Thanks,

Greg S