Colour blindness

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Jul 9 05:18:03 EDT 2008

My two cents...

The black on green keyboard is not a disaster, but it's far from great.  For
me, it's OK in good light, but I find it much harder to read in poor light.
(My eyes are a lot older than any child.)

I think it would be a great idea to get some color blind people to help with
testing.

It's probably worth testing with the backlight off.  That makes everybody
color blind.  I remember a rude shock when I tried BlockParty outdoors.  I
was lucky on the first few blocks.  They worked fine.  The next one was
invisible.

It might be fun to make an activity that tests for color blindness.  I doubt
if you can do a high quality job, but it would probably be good enough to be
useful.  (A friend had one of the sets of color blindness testing plates.
The printer worked (very) hard to get the colors right.)

Same for audio testing.  That would probably need a set of earphones.