Participation in hardware development(OLPC)

Mel Chua mel at laptop.org
Mon Jul 7 19:58:25 EDT 2008

Gautam,

I don't "assign" anyone projects (after all, one of the neat things
about volunteering on an open-source project is that you get to pick
what you want to work on), but I can point you towards some open
hardware-related projects that may be of interest - you may also have
your own ideas of what would be fun and useful to work on.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Measure - the Activity that graphs data from
the analog-in port. Simple, well-documented add-ons and activities (see
the page for some examples) are always welcome.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/TeleHealth_Hardware - a project to do basic
health monitoring (USB sensor input for things like blood oxygen level,
EKG, etc.)

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Open_projects - another list of known open
projects various people in the community would like work done on.

Ccing the devel list in case the community-at-large has some thoughts on
this - I've also cc'd Arjun, developer of the Measure activity, Ian, one
of the people behind the TeleHealth Hardware project, and Richard,
OLPC's hardware engineer, on this email in case they have any ideas.
Also copying Andrew, who is looking into simple sensor input board designs.

Cheers,

-Mel