Seamless Lessons & Security (commentary)

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Mon Jul 7 09:40:09 EDT 2008

On Jul 7, 2008, at 5:52 AM, Martin Dengler wrote:
> 1. It's clearly academic, as in the rest of the world this
> "launch-by-clicking-URL" behavior is about as prevalent as the common
> cold.

It "clearly" isn't, because part of the difficulty is that we're
talking about code execution, which is what launch-by-click into any
of the execution environments (Pippy, eToys, etc) amounts to. No
mainstream browser supports launch-by-click for executables.

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org