xorg.conf for VGA?

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Sun Jul 6 12:54:47 EDT 2008

On 03/07/08 23:05 -0400, Bobby Powers wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've got a B3 here with a VGA connector I soldered on, and output
> works fine from the terminal or mplayer (with the fbdev driver).  X,
> however, doesn't like it and just shows a black screen.  The monitor
> still has a signal, but doesn't display anything.
>
> Jordan, I heard you might know the magic I need in xorg.conf to get
> this working.  Do you have any ideas?

Well, first you mention fbdev, which is concerning.  Make sure you are
using the correct driver.  Secondly, both the panel and the monitor
are being driven at the same timings, so make sure your monitor can
can handle those timings (which it probably can if the kernel output
is working).    Check your monitor information to see what timings it
thinks it is working with.  Finally, check your xorg.conf to make sure
that the CRT is being turned on and used (double plus points if DDC
worked).

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse