Release 8.2.0 -- pls add critical features (Greg Smith)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sun Jul 6 07:06:13 EDT 2008

Am 06.07.2008 um 09:00 schrieb S Page:

> If by "link to a different resource" you mean download a starter
> object,
> then as bemasc commented in your bug http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/
> 6958 ,
> just link to a file with the right mimetype for that activity.  (A
> small
> file would even act as a simple activator).  FWIW I tried this for an
> Etoys application/x-squeak-project mime type and it didn't work.

Works for me in 708.

It's still awkward to use, and fills up the Journal with useless
files. Why does the Journal have to be involved anyway? Why can't
there be a less intrusive way to open another activity? What actual
harm could there be in instructing Sugar to launch an already
installed activity as if we had clicked the activity icon?

- Bert -