Distro version migration nastiness

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Wed Jul 2 15:54:43 EDT 2008

While preparing the 8.2 release (including the Fedora 9 rebase), we
found ourselves having to re-include dirty OLPC-specific package changes
from the older Fedora 7 releases. In fact, a number of the F9-induced
bugs were caused simply from accidently losing the OLPC-specific changes
we applied to packages in F7.

Due to time constraints we find ourselves having to reinclude those
changes in the F9 packages and hence will probably see the same issues
when rebasing in future. So we decided to create a wiki page which
documents those changes, hopefully making it easier to rebase in future.

It is also important for us to work towards making this list as small as
it possibly can be, so that rebasing in future is not as difficult as it
is now.

Please add your own items to the list...
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Distro_Version_Migration_Nastiness

Daniel