Inappropriate use of private meetings & lists. (reply to).

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Wed Jul 2 12:47:37 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 02 July 2008, Jim Gettys wrote:
> Here's mailman's recommendation about replyto...
>
> http://lists.laptop.org/admin/devel/?VARHELP=general/reply_goes_to_list
>                      - Jim

I personally really dislike being CC'd on lists im subscribed to I find it
extremely poor netiquette  of all the mailing lists im subscribed to OLPC's
are the only ones that dont set replyto the list.  It and the huge amount of
cross posting on OLPC lists really irritate me. its a very standard convention
to keep list mail on lists.  if you need to take something off list  then you
should go through the steps needed to do so.  i personally always use the
reply to list option my client gives me.

When i get CC'd i dont get the mailman email only the cc'd one which goes to
different folders where i might not see the mail for awhile. It outright breaks
my procmail recipes, because mailman correctly doesnt send me a duplicate
email.  I filter my list mail based on the X-BeenThere: header

--
Dennis Gilmore