Inappropriate use of private meetings & lists. (reply to).

pgf at laptop.org pgf at laptop.org
Wed Jul 2 12:41:45 EDT 2008

jim wrote:
 > On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 17:47 +0200, NoiseEHC wrote:
 > > 1. olpc games sets the reply-to
 >
 > Sounds like it should get fixed...
 >
 > > 2. BTW this recommendation does not make my point wrong (eg that the
 > > current setting makes harder to keep conversations on the devel list)
 >
 > And screws many people who use reply to to get their mail sent back to
 > their main mailbox....

this is an old old problem, and should have been fixed long ago
by Mail-Followup-To, or similar.  alternatively, our lists all
set the List-Post header -- if mail clients could use this
easily, the problem would be mostly moot as well.

in the meantime, i believe there are only two choices:  the list
sets Reply-To, or it doesn't.  technical lists rarely set it,
more "social" lists sometimes do.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org