New joyride build 2097

david at lang.hm david at lang.hm
Wed Jul 2 06:27:42 EDT 2008

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008, Build Announcer v2 wrote:

> -cdparanoia-libs alpha9.8-30
> +cdparanoia-libs 10.0-2.fc9
> -mesa-libGL 7.1-0.31.fc9
> +mesa-libGL 7.1-0.35.fc9
> -mesa-libGLU 7.1-0.31.fc9
> +mesa-libGLU 7.1-0.35.fc9

what is bringing in these as dependancies?

for machines that would only ever see a CD as an external device (and
rarely in normal use even then) I don't think that cdparanoia should be
eating up space

as far as mesa goes, the list has been very adament that the XO laptop
cannot run any opengl stuff, and my understanding is mesa exists to
implement a software version of opengl. either position is reasonable (no
opengl+ no mesa or mesa with slow opengl support), but right now it's a
contradiction (mesa installed and eating up resources, but instructions to
not use it for anything)

David Lang