Release 8.2.0 -- pls add critical features

Bryan Berry bryan.berry at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 21:23:40 EDT 2008

I know that Nepal is a small potato compared to Peru and Uruguay but
there are two features that we really need. Furthermore, I think these
features would immensely benefit the bigger deployments.

1. Need to be able to launch activities such as Scratch, EToys, Pippy,
etc. by clicking on a hyperlink in browse. The activity wouldn't run in
the browser. We need this functionality in order to effectively use
Moodle in our schools.

Here's the ticket I opened on the
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/6958

2. Need to be able to remove activities via the GUI, including installed
activities, to make room for new ones. We are working on Offline Moodle
activity bundles for courses. Each course will be subdivided into weekly
modules. these modules will quickly fill up the ssd. kids will need a
way to remove activities themselves to make room for new ones.

http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7071

Our development team in Nepal is moving from developing just activities
to developing entire courses that include activities, lesson plans for
the teachers, and supplementary materials. This in response to feedback
from the teachers at the pilots and department of education.

Bryan Berry