Touchpad issues on joyride

Deepak Saxena dsaxena at laptop.org
Tue Jul 1 12:05:29 EDT 2008

On Jul 01 2008, at 11:58, Daniel Drake was caught saying:
> On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 16:24 -0700, Deepak Saxena wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > For those of you running into crazy pointer behavior on
> > the latest Joyride builds (2080+ with latest kernel),
> > can you please try the following in the terminal/console
> > and report back on if this helps at all after some extended
> > usage:
> >
> > echo 120 > /sys/modules/psmouse/parameters/ignore_delta
>
> You meant
> echo 120 > /sys/module/psmouse/parameters/ignore_delta
> (module, not modules)

Yep.

> I am still seeing the crazy mouse behavior quite often. It is perhaps
> occurring less often, but if there is any improvement it is only a small
> one.

Daniel,

Can you do:

echo 1> /sys/module/psmouse/parameters/tpdebug

And send me the data log for the time you start moving
around to a few seconds after you start seeing the
bad behavior?

Easiest way to do this is edit /etc/rsyslog.d and update the
kern.* line to:

kern.*   /var/log/messages

Then restart rsyslogd. When done, just email me /var/log/messages.

Thanks,
~Deepak

--
Deepak Saxena <dsaxena at laptop.org>