huge init footprint

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Jan 29 00:35:41 EST 2008

On 29/01/2008, at 4:20 PM, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> I just noticed that our init uses up an unusual amount
> of memory (5MB!), almost as if it was a Python process.

I'm at a conference where anyone with an XO gets urgently questioned
about their version management, so I've not got one with me right
now ... what does lsof(1) say this init process has open, and what
does /proc/1/stat* say about the memory cost?

I do recall there was a really good reason why our init is in
Python ... activation and so forth.  Does it deserve recoding just to
save 5Mb?

--
James Cameron