Update.1 690 poweroffs?

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Mon Jan 28 14:43:58 EST 2008

Martin Dengler wrote:

> and each time the power button did no good - I had to take out the
> battery and disconnet the power to start it up.  Today the battery
> light was on (green) but no other lights were on (the other two times
> no lights were on).

Next time it happens please plug and unplug the external power and see
if your battery status light changes.

Also please edit /etc/syslog.conf and uncomment out the line:

#kern.*

and redirect the data to a file rather than /dev/console  please use a
nand backed file rather than /var/log which is a ramfs.  I normally use
/root/kern.log

Then restart syslogd.

That log file is really chatty so it will grow fast. you will want to
watch it and trim it down on a regular basis.  When it powers off again
please send that to me.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child