Moodle as OLPC Server

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 22:39:03 EST 2008

On Jan 28, 2008 4:22 PM, Nagarajan Vadivel <radius.consultancy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Martin & Sulochan,
> Thanks for your reply.  Before making any comments I wish to answer your
> last question.  Yes I will be happy to work on Moodle for OLPC server.

Excellent - there'll be plenty to do ;-)

> So far as the other elearning framework, I suggest you to try DOCEBO.
> I have experience in working on Docebo and in the process of setting up a
> Moodle server at
> htttp://docebo.elearning.edu

I'll have a look - thanks! [Quick check - where's the source code for
it? License? Developer community? ]

> My concern is that how the School server will be deployed particularly
> installing LAMP for Moodle
> Moodle issues are its demand for higher memory (4GB), higher speed and
> higher server space

Do NOT worry about moodle performance -- leave that in my hands. I
have been working on Moodle scalability and performance for 4 years
now -- 1.7 and 1.8 have been sluggish, but I did some serious work on
1.9 so that it's back to the kind of scalability we had in the 1.4/1.5
series.

And I'll tune the XS so that Moodle is pre-installed and tuned
correctly. There won't be a problem.

> I also plan to have the rack space with powerful Moodle servers for internet

YAGNI ;-)

Let's use that energy & time on other stuff. The XS will be pretty
well performing and self-reliant for Moodle, MediaWiki and any other
web app we need there,