firmware q2d10

david at lang.hm david at lang.hm
Sun Jan 27 03:46:22 EST 2008

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008, Richard A. Smith wrote:

> david at lang.hm wrote:
>

>> 1. the battery light is flashing red all the time (on for ~1 sec out of
>> every 4)
>
> Flashing red means battery error.  If you don't have a developer key please
> get one.  Unlock your machine and then do what ever it takes to cause the red
> flashing.  Then  reboot the machine hit esc at the countdown to to get to an
> 'ok' prompt.  Then at ok prompt type:
>
> ec-abnormal@ .

interesting, the battery life hasn't been great, but it's been working.
I'll rebootand report the result.

> Note the ' .' on the end.  That prints out the value.  This should print  a
> number.  Please report back what that error code is.
>
>> 2. I left the laptop running overnight with the screen backlight off. in
>> the past I coul wake it up and everything would be good (including alpine
>> remaining running and seeing new mail)
>>
>> this time it had disconnected from my access point and connected to mesh1,
>> and when I tried to switch back the mouse was very flaky (a problem I have
>> not had in the past) and the machine finally froze, after 15 min I power
>> cycled it.
>
> The system firmware doesn't really have much to do with networking so I'm
> confused if it actually made a difference.  Was the firmware the only thing
> you changed?

I upgraded to the joyride version with this firmware, couldn't reach my
network, so rebooted to 689, repeated the process with 690, same
WEP problem so rebooted to 689 where I had the problem reported above.

as I understand it this should have left me with everything the same
except the firmware.

David Lang