firmware q2d10

david at lang.hm david at lang.hm
Sat Jan 26 16:26:09 EST 2008

> --- Changes for bootfw q2d10-1.olpc2.unsigned from q2d08a-1.olpc2 ---
>  + update to q2d10 this is an unsigned image
>  + OFW is rev 791
>  + EC is pq2d10
>  + OLPC keyboard selftest - Added game key display and timeout after
>  + OLPC keyboard selftest - Changed from scanset 2 to scanset 1, so
>  + OLPC trac 6101 - fixed bug with the loading of ELF format programs.
>  + New polled EC command implementation
>  + Charging/Discharging decision is based on battery current and not
>  + EC cmd 0x35 which will assert the WLAN reset line. Normal WLAN reset
>  + Power button presses are ignored during the SCI inhibit time.
>  + Battery state machine processing moved from 1s to 500ms.
>  + Collect battery status SCI's for 500ms and then issue a single SCI rather
>  + Game keys are not mishandled when resuming
>  + Game key presses now check to make sure a 0xe0 or 0xf0 was not the

this seems to have fixed the keyboard errors that I was seeing with 09

however there are two problems I have run into (running build 689 since I
can't get the network to connect with 690)

1. the battery light is flashing red all the time (on for ~1 sec out of
every 4)

2. I left the laptop running overnight with the screen backlight off. in
the past I coul wake it up and everything would be good (including alpine
remaining running and seeing new mail)

this time it had disconnected from my access point and connected to mesh1,
and when I tried to switch back the mouse was very flaky (a problem I have
not had in the past) and the machine finally froze, after 15 min I power
cycled it.

David lang