power management experiences with joyride-1572

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Thu Jan 24 20:12:19 EST 2008

On Jan 25, 2008, at 1:54 AM, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> Please don't interpret this concern as a criticism of what's been
> accomplished.

I didn't. My point was that you shouldn't yet judge too much from the
software we ship not behaving as well as it should about power
management.

> That's exactly the sort of heuristic that an XO power boss tool could
> apply.  A tool with such heuristics may well be easier to construct
> than fixes for all of userspace.

Certainly, though I suspect we'll also end up providing nicer ways for
platform-aware programs to perform savings in tandem with Sugar.

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org