free firmware for 88W8388

Rózsás Gödény rozsas.godeny at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 11:03:43 EST 2008

Hi

first short term goal is to connect the emulator to linux host as if
the 8388 running inside the emulator were plugged into the host
this requires emulating an usb device from user space
after some googleing I found that this feature exists and it's called gadgetfs
also I found that developers of openmoko use this gadgetfs feature to
connect qemu running openmoko firmware (as an arm machine) to the
linux host,  it is that very feature that we need so , hurray
it's documented here:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Qemu#Setting_up_USB_connection

--
Rózsás Gödény