New update.1 build 687

Dan Krejsa dan.krejsa at
Wed Jan 23 12:09:51 EST 2008

Hi David,

It's possible that your altgr key is sticky, or that when you
type some other key (e.g. Q), altgr gets pressed also.
I recommend running the boot diagnostics keyboard test.
(rocker switch left during boot; it's the last test).

A good number of the G1G1 laptop users (including me) are seeing
similar keyboard problems that don't always appear immediately,
and are sometimes intermittent.  See

for an extensive discussion with lots of anecdotal evidence.

- Dan